Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The movement you need is on your shoulders

This is something I did for Psychology, just decided to share it with you guys.


Continued freshness of appreciation:

          This person realizes that moment to moment living is thrilling, and they live the present moment to the fullest. I would say that as of recently, I have mastered the art of appreciation. I’m a naturally pessimistic person, but over the past ten months or so, I’ve slowly molded myself into an optimistic person and by the time I am finished with myself, I want to be the most optimistic person out there. I finally realized that perspective and mindset are everything, and this “continued freshness of appreciation” really does work. Living and engaging fully in each thing you do, is truly rewarding. Understanding that life goes on is fundamental to happiness and appreciation for life. Also, taking notice of the small but significant things in life such as a smile, a kiss, a song, a flower, a smell, a hug will truly bless you and nourish your soul. Also, I’ve discovered that it takes more effort to be down than it does to simply be happy and appreciate life, taking it as it comes.



Peak experiences:

                            Peak experiences are specific moments in time that we as individuals can remember in a significant way. I believe that these peak experiences may be positive and some negative…but all working together in a monumental way to cause growth. Peak experiences can exist in various ways. I chose peak experiences as one of my three characteristics of self actualizing that I am good at because I have had so many of them. Experience is knowledge and power, and I most definitely have experience with these. Whenever I am experiencing a peak moment, I try to take a picture of it in my mind and remember it forever.  Besides living for God, I live for peak experiences. They are refreshing and intense. A few peak experiences that I can recall & share are: a few vacations that I have been on, graduating from high school and never having to look back, moving out of my parents house, having my heart broken, losing two friends this summer, being in Mexico, overcoming some of my downfalls..ect.



Spontaneity, simplicity, naturalness:

                These are three of my favorite words, and they are pretty self explanatory. I have always been spontaneous in my own eyes, whether others see it or not. I’ll try almost anything once, and although I may be “shy” at times, not much scares me. Just recently I have begun teaching myself the definition and importance of simplicity. I used to study a bit of Zen, and the main focus of Zen is simplicity. Recently I have discovered that the more you desire, the more unhappiness you experience. By simplifying your life and being content…you can experience such joy. Then, when other luxuries are added to your life, it is a gift which you can delight in and not something that you were already expecting while looking to the next thing too. Naturalness is existing in, or formed by nature. I am most obviously and definitely both of these. I was formed by God, but the outdoors have formed a lot of who I am and given me a lot of insight into the world. God created nature and God created me, so we are all intertwined.

Wouldn't you like to see how other people view you? I would! I think that if we all could, a lot of things would be different.
A lot of the time I feel like there is no median. People are either super cocky and into themselves in a disgusting way, or on the other extreme, an amazing individual doesn't realize their potenial and how much they have an effect on others!


<3 have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment