Thursday, October 6, 2011

If it means a lot to you..

insanity: repeating the same [bad] habits over and over and expecting different results.



Lately: My mind is overflowing with ideas, proposals and options. Learn to be happy in any situation, under any circumstances.


A friend on Facebook today posted a status that she was eating a Big Mac for the first time; it made me think--I have never eaten a hamburger from McDonalds, let alone a Big Mac. Does this make me un-American? Haha. My two older brothers used to pick on me for not liking hamburgers or apple pie, and they would joke that I must be adopted and tease that I was "un-American" due to my lack of love for beef patties and pie. You will rarely see me eat a hamburger. Once every three or four months. I've just never been a big fan of them. Call it what you like :P

Don't get me wrong, I love food. Authentic Mexican, Italian, gourmet cooking from my Mom, Aunt Jo, or Uncle Tom. Mmmmm! I normally cook at least once or twice a week, but this past week I haven't cooked any. I'll get back on that, and post pictures and possibly recipes. No sorry, you can't have any of my secret recipes. (;

Today Julie shared her Greek food with me-AUHHHH-MAZING! Most definetely wouldn't mind eating Greek food more often. It was delicious, and healthy. Appeared to be very healthy


I'm in much better spirits than I was the other night. I apologize for not writing yesterday, from now on I will try to make it happen everyday. Tuesday was extremely frustrating because I began my blog post in the morning when I woke up for Philosophy, and kept going back to it all throughout the day, then as I go to post it, the freakin' page expires and I lose all my writing. I was so upset!!! I put a lot of effort into that post and it was all gone. BUT nevertheless, I ended up teaching myself a lesson. I had written in that blog about not sweating the small things and down sizing + simplifying your life to the bare necessities! Got to love the Jungle Book ;) anyways. after getting very frustrated about my blog (because it means a lot to me), I came to terms with my over reaction. I had to take a day off to cool off, but I'm back! and I learned my lesson to always save save save every sentence I write as I go!


Letting go is one of the hardest things to do. As humans, our brains familiarize us with things the more we associate with them…and once we’ve established that familiarity, it is hard to let go and move on, because that means adjusting to the lack of the familiar things. Currently I am battling myself trying to decide whether to stay in Dallas, pick up my cowgirl boots and saddle, and give it more of a chance, or  leave in December and transfer to Texas State University. Oh Texas State, how I’ve had my eye on you for a while now ;)


When I observe myself, it is almost scary to comprehend all of the ableness that God has given me, and the blessings on top of that. I am capable of more than I can even imagine.


If money, fear, and your own self were not in the way….What would YOU do?

I’d be funnier, and stronger. I would spend 75% more of my time outdoors. Bold.  I would practice piano everyday for 3 hours and be in a touring band with 4 men. We’d travel all over the globe, sharing our music with the world for 2 years, then I’d quit. I would always stay with the piano though, throughout my whole life. I would be outgoing, and so incredibly book and street smart that you’d be sick to your stomach. I’d own two or three dogs, read two or three books a week. I would rotate between yoga and rock climbing three days a week. I would quit smoking cigarettes for good. I would cook everyday and have my own garden with a large array of things in it. I would become the next Dr. Seuss, and have 1,000 children’s books published, then I would go on to write an autobiography of my crazy life, and a few other books on various topics. While writing, I’d also be raising my 2 children (a third will come later on) and taking trips to Australia a few times a year. I would be madly in love, and my profession would be saving lives. All day every day I would focus on other people and restoring them to wholeness and bringing them to Christ. As a side job, I would be a part-time lawyer, and with the rest of my time I’d run my restaurant and be a wedding planner. I would never lash out at those I love…I would be free if it weren’t for me.
(:




“In general, pride is at the bottom of all great mistakes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment